Watching my weight go DOWN!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The beginning...

Welcome to my blog!! Here I am. Newly married, loving life, but 15 POUNDS heavier than I was at our wedding in May 2009. Not good. In college I was forced to semi work out with cheerleading, but since then I have had about zero motivation to do it. To be honest..I HATE working out. I seriously loathe it. But that is all over now. I have a new attitude, a new goal, and a new perspective. My goal is to lose a little over 20 pounds by mid-April. This is more than weightloss though. This is about feeling better and being in shape. Any muscle that I might have had has disappeared due to long hours of sitting at a desk at my office job. Clay is really good about self-discipline when it comes to working out. He is p90xing it up and I get out of breath walking up stairs. SAD. So here are the stats..

January 18, 2010: 141.4 lbs
GOAL:
April 18, 2010: 118 lbs

I am using this blog to be yet another source to hold me accountable and monitor my progress. I will be doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred in the morning...and then working out for an hour at the gym in the evening. I will NOT be dieting...I will practice portion control and focusing on foods that actually contain nutritional value..and NO processed foods (this will be very hard...I love Little Casears pizza). I really want to learn that food is for fuel NOT for entertainment. There have been so many times that I have looked forward to going somewhere just because I knew there would be food...even when I am not hungry!! These next 90 days will be a lot of breaking bad habits and forming good ones. Please be praying for me! I will try to update every day or so. The Bible verse that is truly encouraging me today is 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

I will attempt to put a "before" picture up here in the very near future...much to my chagrin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment