Watching my weight go DOWN!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I feel like jello.

This morning I woke up and literally felt like I had just been ran over by a big mac truck. I worked out again with Katie last night and could already feel my muscles getting sore before I even got home from the gym. I ate some dinner which consisted of a bowl of Special K and peas(random, I know) and plopped down to watch The Biggest Loser. Half way through, I felt myself falling asleep and by the end of the hour I was headed to bed and passed out before I knew it. Waking up with the feeling of an elephant pinning each one of my individual muscles down to the box springs in my mattress didnt exactly make for the most pleasant morning. Clay suggested I take today off instead of tomorrow just so I dont burn my body out before I even have a chance to really get started. I did just go from almost doing nothing to working out twice a day...so I listened. That being said, I have tried to come up with a weekly schedule that will allow me to work out in each sport(swimming, biking, running), weight train, and still have two days for my body to rest and rebuild. The tentative schedule is as follows:

Sunday: OFF
Monday: Morning-30 Day Shred
Evening-1.5 hour Lap Swim

Tuesday:No Morning Work out
Evening: Weight Training and Cardio(running)

Wednesday:Morning-30 Day Shred
Evening-Cardio(Biking)

Thursday:OFF (Or if I will be out of down on the next saturday substitute that work out here)

Friday: Morning-30 Day Shred
Evening-Weight training and Cardio(running/biking)

Saturday:At least 1.5 hour Lap Swim


Whew, I am getting tired just reading that haha. But I think that if I really stick to it I will definitely reach my goal in weight and fitness for the triathlon. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I want this to be as efficient as possible!

Something that I didn't mention earlier was that my office is doing our own Biggest Loser Challenge. It started in December and we weigh in every week. If you are the winner for the week you don't have to put any money in the pot...but as for the rest of us we are each required to put in $5.00. March 1st is the final tally day and whoever ends up losing the most of their BMI(Body Mass Index)percentage, wins the pot which is suppose to total up to $300.00. Well most of us have been lucky to lose a pound a week. I, personally, have only lost 3 pounds since starting, due to NO self control or motivation. Hopefully we will see that changing on the scales and in inches very soon!

One thing that I have been convicted about is being so zealous about all of this weight loss and fitness and not on spending time with the Lord. Before any working out I commit to just have quiet time to study The Word and be prayerful with Him. He is my rock. He is my Hope and my Joy. Without Him, I am nothing.

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is awesome and I'm empressed! I love that this isn't only about losing weight, but about giving your body, God's temple, over to Him :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete