Watching my weight go DOWN!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am my own worst enemy

I have seen this statement become very true in my life. For as long as I can remember I have set goals for myself and I have rarely followed through with achieving them. Yesterday, Caroline asked me if I wanted to do a triathlon with her in April. My first thought, "TRIATHLON!?! I can't even run a mile..much less swim 1/2 a mile, bike 14 miles, and run 3 more!!"(This is a sprint tri) But then my next thought is "why not? I CAN do this. I WILL put my mind to it. And I WILL finish it." There are already a lot of nay-sayers and that's fine. It's not like I have proven any different in the past. But for me, today IS different. I feel different. Not just physically(because Jillian kicked my butt this morning) but mentally. I actually believe I can do it. With Clay's awesome support, Caroline's gift of being my personal cheerleader, and God teaching me discipline, self control, and faith... I know I can do it. The Triathlon will be on April 25, 2010 in Chattanooga, TN. I am excited, nervous, terrified..but most of all, at peace. I CAN DO THIS!!!

Last night I was true to my word and worked out for a little over an hour with Katie. We ran 15 min. on the track, 20 min. on the elliptical, weights and abs. This morning the alarm clock went off at 5 am...and I was surprisingly awake. I heard Jillian in my head screaming at me to "kick my own butt"...so I went ahead and did the work out. Whew! I felt incredible afterwards! I had plenty of time to shower, get ready for work, feed the dogs, spend time with Clay, and was STILL 15 min. early to work! I think I can get used to this.

Breakfast: Special K Bar
1 Bannana
Water
Lunch: Tuna Melt
Less than a handful of chips and salsa
Apple
Water

Obviously, dinner has yet to be determined. I am thinking a grilled chicken salad. I am working out with Katie at 6 and then The Biggest Loser at 8pm! I have shamefully become an addict to this show.

Things I am learning..
Don't let ANYONE discourage you from any goal you might have. If you put your mind to it and faithfully rely on God and it is according to His Perfect Will and Purpose, YOU CAN DO IT and YOU WILL DO IT. When you doubt yourself or feel like you are beginning to give into the doubts of others, just remember that you then become your own worst enemy. You and ONLY you control how you feel, think, and react. Do not give anyone else that power.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Melanie! That's what I like to see! I want to see this for 12 more weeks, don't quit your praying :)

    ReplyDelete