Watching my weight go DOWN!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Must. Keep. Eyes. Open.

My alarm blaringly went off at 5:15 this morning screaming at me to get out of bed. I thought about just rolling over and going back to sleep, but then I had a vision of me drowning during the triathlon so I promptly got up. I arrived at the aquatic center at 6am expecting to be the only crazy person there but I was wrong...at least 20 other people were already swimming laps. If you know me, then you know how little things stress me out(which is truly something I am trying to give over to the Lord)....haha...so the idea of trying to find a lane with swimmers with ab the same athletic ability and speed as myself was a little overwhelming. I am learning swimming "etiquette" when sharing lanes. Like always, it wasn't a big deal and I just got in and started swimming...and again the sensation of pulling my body through peanut butter set in, but I kept going. I swam for about 45 min., took a dip in the hot tub, and then got ready for work. It feels good to have a productive morning, but it is definitely something my body is going to have to get used to. It's one thing to do Jillian for 25 min. in the comfort of my own home...its another to be truly pushing my body, still learning the correct technique, with people who look like they came out of the womb swimming 600 meters free style.

I am going to work out with Katie tonight. Definitely alot of cardio and again some weight training. I found some great routines online and am going to give them a try.

I was really bummed this morning because I got on the scale and it said I was at 141.5 again. HOW!?! I told Clay and he said that it depends alot on hydration...I did just drink 32 oz of water so lets hope that had something to do with it. I realize it might even be a month until I see any real difference in the scale or my body--so perseverance is essential..and something that I literally have to tell myself every day.

I just read todays excerpt from My Utmost for His Highest and am amazed how God penetrates my life and knows my heart better than I do. I am going to post it...it speaks for itself. I am convicted beyond comprehension.


LOOK AGAIN AND THINK


"Take no thought for your life." Matthew 6:25

A warning which needs to be reiterated is that the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, will choke all that God puts in. We are never free from the recurring tides of this encroachment. If it does not come on the line of clothes and food, it will come on the line of money or lack of money; of friends or lack of friends; or on the line of difficult circumstances. It is one steady encroachment all the time, and unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the standard against it, these things will come in like a flood.

"Take no thought for your life." "Be careful about one thing only," says our Lord - "your relationship to Me." Common sense shouts loud and says - "That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider what I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One Who does not understand our particular circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life. Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." How much evil has begun to threaten you to-day? What kind of mean little imps have been looking in and saying - Now what are you going to do next month - this summer? "Be anxious for nothing," Jesus says. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for getting up and swimming this morning! That is great! As far as not seeing any movement on the scale, my best recommendation is to get on the scale in the morning before you eat or drink anything. That's what I do. I keep the scale in the bathroom and when I get up and before I step in the shower I weigh myself. Then you don't have to worry about the "water weight" and all that. Also a little tip... I'm pretty sure you do this but make sure when you get up in the morning to drink water and to eat breakfast pretty soon after waking up because this will help to boost your metabolism so your body isn't still fasting after sleeping. I am so proud of you Mel! Love you! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so inspired by you missy! What a beautiful realization He has given you....It seems so often that although we know, but really only think we know, that only God has every answer, solution, and ounce of strength we ever need, He has to remind us multiple times, multiple ways how reliant we should, and are, on Him.

    LOVE YOU and soo proud =)

    ReplyDelete