Watching my weight go DOWN!

Friday, January 29, 2010

schlabadabadingding.

FRIDAY. Yes, I love fridays. And it's funny because I don't mind going to work during the week at all. I think it is something that is just engrained in my being from elementary school...I couldn't wait for the weekend!

Yesterday wasn't great in the excercise department. Because, well, I didn't do anything. BUT Wednesday night was a cause for great encouragement! Katie and I hit up the gym to do some running(which for me has been alternating one minute walking, one minute running for about 30 minutes). Katie challenged me to run for 9 minutes straight. Now, for those of you who are super athletic this, I'm sure, sounds like nothing. But I have literally never been able to run for 9 minutes without having to stop. Sad, I know. So I gritted my teeth and pushed myself. I did it. And guess what!? I could have gone for 9 more minutes! My legs were tired, but my lungs were fine(which the lack of being able to breathe is usually what causes me to stop). In a week and a half I can already feel a huge improvement in my endurance. I can do this.

Clay and I are heading to South Carolina for the weekend. A huge snow storm is suppose to hit later today, so we are going to try to get out of here as soon as possible. Clay has drill, so I'll be having a lot of family time. Since they all signed up for the 5k I am going to try and get them out to run/walk tomorrow! Good family bonding right? ha. We'll see what they think ;)

I have a cold right now and my body feels tired. So yesterday and today I am just taking it easy. *sneeze* yuck. Oh and when I sneeze it isnt like a cute dainty sneeze...it has full on grandpa power. It's awesome.

Please be praying that I keep my priorities straight. HIM first. Not Me...which seems to be easier sometimes. And in loving Him, also loving the people around me. Loving my husband more than myself, my family and my friends more than myself. Already, in just a week, I have found how easy it is to put a "goal" that you have in mind for yourself, at the top..in front of everyone and everything. In doing that, I am serving myself, and myself only. I want to love others as God loves them--and stop ANY training that I might feel is neccessary at the moment if I am neglecting my relationships with the people around me and especially my relationship with Him. Lord, make me like You.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11

1 comment:

  1. Can I please say I thoroughly enjoyed the *sneeze* portion, mostly because I did imagine a dainty sneeze with the astericks, and you quickly clarified this was not the case. bhahahah

    ReplyDelete