Watching my weight go DOWN!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Staying the course...

What a weekend! Friday night I worked out with Katie. Lots of Cardio and weight training. Saturday, I thought I would brave the pool in the early afternoon. Clay came with me and I thought it would just be an easy hour of lap swimming. WRONG. I started swimming, and about half way through the first lap I became exhausted. Clay, who was a swimmer in highschool, pretty much showed me that my technique was all wrong. I was getting tired quickly for a number of reasons...I pick my head up when breathing,when I go to breathe I stop kicking, and when it comes down to it...I'm just plain out of shape. I am so thankful he was there, because if I can perfect the techniques he showed me and just get in the water at least two times a week...I know I will see a MUCH NEEDED improvement. That being said, I changed my "tentative" schedule to a more permanent and tweaked one. In stead of doing Jillian Michaels three times a week in the morning, I will be going to the pool on mondays and fridays and just doing Jillian on Wednesdays. I really need to focus on building up my endurance. That is what will make me or break me in the race.

Later Saturday afternoon, I went to the gym and worked out again with Katie. She's great at pushing me during cardio. I am doing 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Then about 20-30 minutes of abs and weights. We did this again last night(Sunday). Sundays will usually be one of my days off, but I needed to make up for the two days that I did almost nothing last week.

The soreness that I was feeling the first few days has worn off. I can tell my muscles are tired the next day after a work out, but I'm not in pain. At first, I didn't know if the loss of soreness was due to me not working out hard enough or just my body getting used to it. Due to me feeling like I am literally going to die everytime, I vote the latter.
Clay and I both have been doing really well with eating..and eating much smaller portions. We both resisted donuts at church. Which I can't ever recall happening in the history of our marraige haha.

WEIGH IN DAY:
Drum roll please...139.8!! Down 1.6 lbs from last weeks 141.1! I am weighing in the same time every morning.

After all this working out and cutting calories, I think I subconciously expect the scale to say 10 lbs less in a week...but I have to keep reminding myself that this is the right way and I will keep seeing results if I stay the course.

It's amazing how I fight against laziness and gluttony every single day. I find one million excuses not to work out, or why I should have a donut or how I "deserve" it. Ha. God is really working on my integrity. Staying true to what I commit to. Letting my yes be yes and my no be no. I am holding on to Him with a tight grip because through this physical journey I am experiencing a much more intense spiritual journey. I see things in myself that are truly ugly and need to be handed over to Him. Things that I have become comfortable with in my life...laziness, people pleasing, and a lack of self control. Standing true before My Lord and not trying to please others in looks, actions, or words has been a struggle for me my entire life. If this whole process of working out and pursuing the triathlon begins to become about me and proving myself to others then I am sinning and need to stop immediately. I pray fervently that this continues to be about bringing glory to Him..because only through Him am I capable and equipped. Brothers and sisters hold me accountable! Not only in self control but in the condition of my heart. Crucifying pride and humbling myself to knowing that truly He is only worthy of the Glory.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. -Romans 12:2-

1 comment:

  1. Great work mel bel!! p.s. what did i tell ya about the swimming? lol going into it thinking you'll do an hour can be overwhelming, start out small, you will see huge improvements in no time!! keep it up lovely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete