Watching my weight go DOWN!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

60 Days and a wake up....


I AM SO NERVOUS. For what you ask? The triathlon. Everyday that I get closer to April 25th, another butterfly is added to my stomach. Last night I convinced Clay to come lap swimming with me. And thank goodness he did. I realized that when I "work out" alone, I am truly not pushing myself. I swim 25 meters...catch my breath, look around, think about what I am going to eat afterwards...blah blah blah...and where has it gotten me? NO WHERE. Clay kicked my butt. I would do a 25 and he would time me, give me 10 seconds to rest then tell me to go again, and again, and again, and again!!! To the point that I thought I was literally going to drown. But..I DIDNT. I pushed my body to the limit and it didnt let me down. More and more am I realizing that my body is capable of doing so much more than I give it credit for. Everything is so mental. As soon as I think something is hard, I give up, and trick myself into thinking that I am doing a "good job". I can get up at 5am and go swimming but if I am not pushing myself, my body will never change. And my goals will not be met!

There are a few websites I get on occasionally and read about 1st time triathlon experiences. They are inspiring but they also make the experience and seriousness of it extremely real. Recently, I have been very slack. The goal in mind but not in action. If I am going to do this...then I need to DO IT. It's funny because I get so frustrated at myself--but its over things that I have COMPLETE control of. What am I doing? Kicking my butt into gear. That's what I'm doing. As soon as I get home from work I am going for an outdoor run...it is finally decently warm!(Its sad that 40 degrees feels warm to me). I already committed to going to the gym with my friend Katie as well, so I will probably do some time on the bike and definitely weight training.

I talked to my sister earlier about all my pent up anxiety. Immediately she came back with, "Be anxious for NOTHING but in everythingby prayer and supplication, with thanksgivinglet your requests be made known to God."Philippians 4:6. Wowzers(yes I just said that)...did I need such wisdom. I am freting over something because it is out of my comfort zone. But how I can already feel Christ strengthening me. I am sinning in my worrying and in my slothfulness. In fact, one sin is causing the other. How quickly they pile up and my heart becomes twisted and discouraged. Lord, I am handing my life over to you!(again) Take it from me. I want to trust you soo much more than I do. I am not alone, for You never leave me nor forsake me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you for this post. You know...another part of the verse that you quoted says that God will guard our hearts and mind in Christ Jesus. That part brings me so much comfort. By not stressing, but turning it over to Christ...he protects my mind and heart from going astray...down that negative path.

    ReplyDelete