Watching my weight go DOWN!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

"A Day without Sweat is a Day without Sunshine!"

If that is true...then my week has been VERY cloudy. I still have my cold and am doing everything possible to heal up so I can begin training again immediately. It is frustrating, but I know it is better to heal now (with vitamin C and lots of rest) than to push through it and make it last longer than it has already. I feel MUCH better today and hope that by Saturday, I will be able to start really working out. I weighed myself yesterday and was down to 138.1...a pound less than Monday. I contribute this to my stuffy nose and inability to taste anything...which causes me to eat so much less. I weighed myself again this morning and I was still sitting nicely at 138...so maybe this sick thing might work out in my favor. Ha...now to only keep it off and lose MORE.

I went to Kroger yesterday to get some ingredients for dinner and was amazed how much I craved candy, debbie cakes, ANYTHING sweet that I saw...and I can't even taste at the moment! It is so much more mental than it will ever be physical. When I think in my mind that I am depriving myself of something...its like my brain automatically just CRAVES it. When in reality I just made the decision not to eat that certain food 2 minutes before..so clearly, my body is not feeling any withdrawals. I am learning daily just how weak my mind really is. Self-control is a character trait that God is continually refining in me and something that I have struggled with my whole life. Its so easy to just say "screw it" and give in to my own desires. My own desires, which by the way, are almost always destructive to my mind, body, and spirit. Once again, it is about relying on Him in my weakness... That through conquering my sinful ways, He will be Glorified...because anyone who knows me, KNOWS that never in a million years would I be doing this on my own.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

  1. What an AMAZING post! Thank you for that encouraging word. It's great to see someone so focused on Christ during this refining process. After all, our goal should never be anything but to glorify Christ. Love your attitude!!! Hey...where are those pics you promised? :)

    ReplyDelete