Watching my weight go DOWN!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feeling the burn.


It is weigh-in day with work and I am down almost 3 lbs from last week!!! 136.2 was my weight today!! :) Only 16 lbs to go...and I CAN DO IT!

Yesterday, I got home from work and my husband and I went for an outdoor run. It was warm earlier in the day, but when I finally got home it was getting into the upper 30's so we had to go quickly. Neither one of us really wanted to go, but we relunctantly pushed each other. It started off so-so and then the cold wind got caught in my lungs. I thought I was going to suffocate right there on the sidewalk. I didn't really care, as long as the burning stopped. But Clay informed me I was being a wuss( in the most loving way possible of course) and I persevered. Ladies and gentleman...I ran ONE mile. That's it. But I RAN it. This doesnt seem like much to most--but I have never been able to RUN a mile. In two weeks is the 5k so I must start really pushing myself to make it to that 3 mile mark. I dont know if its exactly possible to get up to that distance in 2 weeks, but I am sure as heck going to try! A couple of hours after the run I went to the gym with katie. I biked 30 minutes and did some abs and weight training. My legs are on FIRE today. BUt its a good burn. It's a burn that tells me that I actually did something. So I'm diggin it :)

Tonight I will PUSH myself to do at least a mile and a half run and weights. Then lap swimming in the morning. True two-a-days start next week and I am getting my body geared up for it so as not to exhaust myself almost immediately.(Like when I get sick a few weeks ago).

My body is a temple for the living Lord. And I am going to start treating it like one.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20


P.S. Why in the world am I craving Fried Chicken right now!?!?! PRAY FOR ME!! haha ;) But seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Fried Chicken? Gross! Just think "heart attack" chicken... doesn't sound so good any more huh?
    Congratulations on losing 3 more pounds and running a mile! That is great!

    Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.They will soar high on wings like eagles.They will run and not grow weary.They will walk and not faint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you know how proud I am of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your continued weight loss!! You are seeing results...let that continue to motivate you!!!

    ReplyDelete