Watching my weight go DOWN!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Junk In = Junk Out


This morning I am feeling so sluggish. And do you want to know why? Because I ate Mcdonalds last night, that's why. I even got a "Mighty Kids Meal" with chicken nuggets, apple slices, and chocolate milk. I hardly drank ANY water yesterday and lunch was a potluck at church. Which was absolutely delicious, but not exactly healthy. Boy oh boy am I feeling it today. I got a decent nights sleep last night and woke up feeling like I hadnt slept in years. I just have a general "gross" feeling...and unless youve experienced this feeling yourself, its hard to explain. Needless to say, I have been deterred from the fast food scene for a longgg time. It's amazing..growing up I felt like I ate fast food A LOT, but never in my life have I really been able to feel the effects in my mood and in my general well-being. My poor body. What have I done to you? So, yes, yesterday was a bad day in the food department. But Friday and Saturday were much better.

Friday I went to the gym and had a decent work out. Running/biking and weights. Saturday I went to the pool and swam 650 meters. Which is just 50 meters over the length I will be doing in the tri. Now when I say I swam 650 meters...that does not mean continuously. I do take 1 minute breaks(which is too long but I will work up) in between 50-100 meters. I am going swimming again tonight. Today begins my new triathlon training schedule! I'm ready.

March 6th is when I am running the 5k with my family. My dad and brother are signed up to run it with me and my mom and aunt are signed up to walk it. I am SO proud of all them! I called my dad on Saturday, after I left the pool, and he was on his way to walk 3 miles!! Then over the next couple of weeks he will be building up to running. So awesome. He makes a daughter proud :) haha.

Is it bad that I feel like I have ZERO energy to even type this? Mcdonalds...you are sooo good..but SO SO bad. blah.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

2 comments:

  1. Girl,
    I am totally impressed that you only ate a kids meal :) I would have thrown own on something like a double quarter pounder. This is why I can't even go to McDonalds. By the way..I totally understand that gross feeling. I had 4 or 5 cookies yesterday right before a long run. YUCK was the feeling that was going through my body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie I have a confession to make I ate mcdonalds too, twice in two days. and didn't work out last week. Therefore I weighed in at the same that I was last week! Bad me! But I have started over with diet and gone back to the gym today! Right there with you!

    ReplyDelete