Watching my weight go DOWN!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trying to Catch up...


So I purposely have not written in 4 days because I didnt want to write before I post pictures!!! But due to technical difficulties it hasnt happened yet, and it is KILLING me not to write. So please forgive me for my unfulfilled promise(I hate it when I promise something and then for some reason or another cant/dont follow through...so maybe I should stop promising? interesting thought.). The hubby is fixing the camera and no later than a couple days will they be up. He is doing Before/After pictures of p90x so I will post his as well ;) I'm sure he will love me for that! ha! But we're in this together :)

My workouts...well, I have learned that having a week off is NOT acceptable. I have lost everything I built up the week before I was sick. All that progress I made in running... lost. BUT a good lesson learned. Everyday, even if it is just walking, I will exercise. But since I am healthy again, walking is not an option. I became remotivated yesterday. Earlier in the week, I was just going through the motions because I knew that this was what I was "suppose" to do..but yesterday, the drive I had a couple of weeks ago, was back--and its a relief. Exercising is sooo much easier when you WANT to do it. Can I get an Amen!?


I weighed in yesterday and really dont want to talk about it...but I'm blogging, so I will. Up one pound from last week. Its to be expected because I didnt get to excercise...but its amazing how quickly your body can put on the weight. This whole self-control/ self-discipline thing is going to have to last a LIFETIME and not just a couple months. This is why I do not want to diet. Because you can't diet your whole life, you just cant. It's much easier to eat HEALTHIER and smaller portions and keep the weight off than let it build up and try to starve yourself into "skinny" jeans or just health in general. I am learning this the hard way. But at least I am learning.

I appreciate your patience in my lack of pictures...I can insure you its not because I don't WANT to put them up. Or is it???muhahaha...no, totally kidding. They will be up asap.

Lesson that I am currently learning...

This is NOT going to be easy. And it will be a lifetime struggle. But a struggle that will bare way more fruits than any kind of instant gratification will ever give me. Keep fighting people. We can do this.

"Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It's a state of mind-you could call it character in action."

— Vince Lombardi


"So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self- control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness." 2 Peter 1:5,6

2 comments:

  1. Everything about this post makes me smile! I will be anxiously awaiting your pictures :) Really...I just don't want to be the only one that's bearing all...he he! By the way...love the Scripture at the end of your post....ooo that was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen girl!!! it really is a lifelong battle, but we will be victorious!!! I'm glad we are learning now!!! love you.. keep it up!! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete