Watching my weight go DOWN!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I sure wish this craving for anything fried would go away...

THE WEEKEND: Saturday my family and I ran the 5k! It was fun but FREEZING...I was expecting nice 60 degree weather in South Carolina...but it was 29 degrees that morning!! I,not thinking ahead, only packed shorts for the event. Not only was I about 1 out of 2 people wearing shorts..but I am also THE definition of pale...so I stuck out like a sore thumb. But I had to embrace the whiteness and the antartican temperatures and get on with it. My dad, brother, and I started running at a good pace. Then when it felt like we had run a mile already we saw we had ran only .2 miles...I just had to keep telling myself "mind over matter". My lungs were burning from the cold air but having my dad by my side helped me to keep going. The course was VERY hilly. And there was about a quarter of a mile that the path was big enough for MAYBE 2 very-small children...well there were about 300 adults trying to run...and there ended up being about 75 of us just walking up this trail because there was literally no room. Before we knew it, the race was over and we clocked in at 40 minutes. With all the walking and freezing air, I was OK with this. BUT for the triathlon I want to do it well under 30 minutes. My mom and aunt were in the first group of walkers to finish--so they also did a great job!! All that being said...I have my work cut out for me.

The past couple of days I have noticed that I have felt very sluggish. Then I also noticed that I am not even coming close to drinking half of the amount of water that I usually drink. I don't really know why I slacked on that, but I'm back to my normal drinking regime. Close to a gallon a day. And man does it make a difference.

A month and a half until the triathlon!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That was me screaming in my head because I am not feeling ready. BUt it is going to take me working my butt off(literally--ha) the rest of the time to be able to FINISH. PLEASE be praying for my endurance and motivation because lately I havent been feeling much.

The past couple of days I have had people ask me if I have lost weight! Is that a good feeling or what? I have been seeing numbers come down on the scale, but when I have looked in the mirror I havent noticed a difference. So it is very encouraging to hear others say that they can see it.

Sorry this has been all over the place. Go and enjoy your day! :) We are breathing...alive...and THRIVING. Glorify HIM in all you do today.

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand. And it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I can't believe you ran in that cold. My FL behind would have been whining SO LOUD!!! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I have enjoyed vacay, I am GLAD to be back to reading blogs and my routine! Thank God for routines! They really do help me to function! Good job on your race! Hope you're doing well momma!

    ReplyDelete