Watching my weight go DOWN!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I think I can...I think I can....I think I can....

Yesterday was great! I ate well and exercised well :) I swam about 40 laps last night...and still felt like I could do more. If it wasn't so late, I would have. I am really starting to enjoy my swim workouts. Drowning doesn't seem like much of an option anymore ;) I watched some youtube videos on transitions during the triathlon. What they look like, and how to prepare for them. How did people ever live without the internet? If it wasn't for me being able to watch how to prepare myself...I would be a nervous wreck the day of the tri. Who am I kidding, I will STILL be a nervous wreck. But at least I'll semi-know what to expect...hopefully making getting to the end of the race, that much easier. I cannot wait to cross that finish line. God Willing, of course. :)

I had the oppurtunity to speak to the vice-president of the company I work for today about organizing a 5k for the employees to participate in. It will promote wellness, raise money for a charity, and also get our name out there as a business. He seemed to really like the idea... so maybe in the near future it will transpire into something tangible!

Tomorrow is the FINAL weigh in for the weight-loss challenge at work. I definitely have a chance to win--but I am super nervous. If I dont win its OK, but the extra money would sure be nice...and just for pure bragging rights :) I am eating very minimal today and working out alot tonight....AND in the morning. I'm going swimming before work...and where I swim, also has a sauna...so I might sweat out a little extra fluid before the weigh in ;) Hey, every drop counts. I'll let you be the first to know the final verdict!

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine doing a triathalon. I'm a chicken deep in the ocean. I guess I could win, since I'd be swimming faster than the sharks trying to have me for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on a great day yesterday! I can't wait to go swimming again, if it would just warm up so I could go at the pool at my apartment. Hoping in a month or so, I can.
    good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how fit your body can become in such a short amount of time! Good luck with the competition, but even if you don't win, you definitely are not a loser...you have a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I hope that you did well on the weigh in. As a matter of fact...I am about to text you to find out! I simply can not wait to find out by reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete